Thursday, October 14, 2010

Doors are opening...

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to update everyone on an amazing opportunity i had last night with two of my students! They are the two sisters that i have been tutoring in the family that we have gotten close to. I had told them both a few weeks ago that i loved Christmas and that it was my favorite holiday, so on Monday, they asked if i could teach them about Christmas the next class. i agreed, not even realizing what a great opportunity this would be. As i was preparing, however, it dawned on me what an open door this was. i realized what they had inadvertantly asked to hear about! So last night i had an opportunity to share about Christmas with them. We made paper snowflakes, listened to Christmas music and talked about traditions, but we centered the lesson around the real Christmas story. We read it aloud and talked about what it meant. I explained to them that this story was the reason i love Christmas so much. i explained to them that it was real, unlike all the other Christmas stories like Santa and elves and everything, and that it was important to me. They understood the Christmas story pretty well, but the oldest girl wanted me to explain it a little more. I did, but also told her that i could probably find it in her language if she wanted me to and she said that she did. What an open door! She asked me to bring the Word into her house and she didn't even know it.

Last night i wanted to cry as i heard them reading the Christmas story out loud. Just to think that the truth has probably never even entered their home before, and there they were last night, reading it in the middle of their living room! Just read Luke 2:10-14 and imagine hearing it read by someone who has never heard it before! Some amazing things are going on over here! I just wanted to update you and thank you for lifting me up! Please continue to do so! Some pretty huge doors are opening over here!

Erin

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!! Thinking about u all the time & love ur updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son used to work where they sang in 3 languages. It's a beautiful story, no matter how you hear it. Was sharing with some folks yesterday how you have inspired me in your blog to live intentionally. You are an amazing young lady. Remembering you often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, sweet girl! A praise report indeed! Continuing to pray for you!!! Love you as do ALL the King family!!

    ReplyDelete