Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hey again! This might be one of the last updates you get from me while I'm here! Crazy! I wanted to tell everyone how God has been proving himself faithful over here and also a few more ways that you can be lifting us up before we go.

Many of you know that I had the equivalent of about $300 stolen from me about a week and a half ago. This money was part of the monthly stipend i get for being here. I use it for food, taxis, and other necessities, so it going missing was really discouraging. I needed that money to live on for another 2 weeks! I saw how much i lacked faith when this happened. I knew God could provide, but my initial reaction when this happened was to panic. I decided to stop worrying and just pray and ask that God would provide. And He did. My teammate gets a monthly stipend too and so we just shared it. I don't know how it has lasted as long as it has, but God has really multiplied it and stretched it almost without our even realizing it. I appreciate those of y'all who have prayed for this situation as well. God is so good and so faithful.

As my teammate and i wrap up our work here, we ask that you'd be lifting up a couple classes that we are very strategically planning to share the message. On Wednesday, i'll be showing The Chronicles of Narnia movie to my two students who are sisters. I will also be giving them the book and explaining the message, the allegory, behind it. Also on Wednesday, my teammate will be sharing her story (t-mony) with one of her students. These are really great opportunities and chances for the message to clearly go out.

Also just keep our mental sanity in your prayers. I always get really anxious when i get ready to leave somewhere or finish something. I am having the same problems here. I couldn't tell you what i'm anxious about, but there's just a general sense of anxiety that is making me want to check out and stop focusing on the work here. If i ever needed to be concentrated on the work here, it is now. Thanks always for your prayers. See y'all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanksful for the praise report and praying for you in the days to come as you prepare to come home! We are excited!

    ReplyDelete